Bilingual P/T Overdose Response Outreach Worker
Live4Lali, Inc. is seeking an individual with a background in public health, substance use disorders and their various treatment modalities, harm reduction, or social services to be our part-time Overdose Education and Naloxone Distribution trainer. The work involves providing health education and overdose response training to the people who use drugs, their friends and families, agencies and organizations, and the general public. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team of dedicated public servants committed to having an immediate and lasting impact on their community. Essential Functions Include:
- Facilitate or co-facilitate overdose prevention and response training
- Conduct presentations on overdose response and other health issues to impacted individuals, families, partners, stakeholders, and community groups.
- Conduct strategic street outreach in high-risk communities (team approach)
- Maintain all required paperwork for trainees and submit completed forms promptly
- Enter participant data in the appropriate database
- Establish relationships with community stakeholders and promote opportunities for collaboration
- Represent our programs at a variety of venues to include meetings, training, and community events
- Provide risk-reduction counseling to participants
- Provide health and harm reduction education.
- Be a resource broker.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Computer literacy (Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of substance use disorders, and related issues.
- Comfort with the diversity (ethnicity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, etc.) of our multicultural community.
- Ability to maintain the required work schedule, be on time and accountable for time management.
- Ability to use good judgment regarding confidentiality issues.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and think critically to apply reasonable judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, and to work independently in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with persons contacted in the course of work.
- CPR and Basic first aid certified preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and be willing to travel in and around the target areas of Suburban Cook County and McHenry County.
- Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor (CADC) preferred
- Associates Degree or Bachelors Degree in social services field preferred.
Live4Lali is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and culturally responsive workforce. We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, veterans, women, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender and gender non-conforming persons to apply. Involvement with the criminal justice system will not be considered a deterrent. Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected] Use “Overdose Response Outreach Worker” in the subject line.