Focus Area Goals
Increase knowledge of drug trends, substance use disorder, and harm reduction through educational programs for the general public, people who use substances, impacted families, and professional groups.
Influence the public and private sectors regarding: (1) substance use disorder treatment, (2) harm reduction strategies, (3) drug policy reform by amplifying the needs, voices and experiences of impacted individuals, families, and communities.
Assist impacted individuals and families through services that increase social support, enhance resilience, and strengthen positive health and behavioral change.
Promote health and harm reduction at the individual, family and community levels.
- Recovery Programs for people struggling with a substance use disorder and those who care about them.
- Community Recovery Center (CRC) in Arlington Heights, IL offering education, resources, support, naloxone trainings, harm reduction supplies and treatment navigation. Our CRC provides workshops, seminars, recovery and support groups, group therapy programs, and continuing education for professionals (first responders, clinicians, prescribers, etc.). Learn more by clicking here.
- Recovery & overdose prevention support in McHenry County, IL offering education, resources, support, naloxone trainings, harm reduction supplies and treatment navigation. Learn more by clicking here.
- Substance-related grief loss support for members of the whole family. Learn more by clicking here.
- Consultations with volunteer mental health professionals who provide screenings, assessments and referrals to vetted behavioral health and medical providers. Learn more by clicking here.
- Community-wide implementation of comprehensive opioid awareness and overdose prevention strategies.
- Community-focused learning opportunities via forums, panels and seminars utilizing subject matter experts and up-to-date information to shed light on a variety of drug trend and mental health-related issues concerning the public. To learn more, contact Bella Crum at [email protected]
- Education for the “helping” professions via customized training programs which feature our professional team of experts. Our programming is catered to mental health professional social service agencies, educators, medical professionals, law enforcement, legislators, businesses, professional associations and beyond. To learn more, contact Bella Crum at [email protected]
- Overdose prevention and harm reduction education for people who use opioids and other substances and their loved ones in the use of Naloxone/Narcan (opioid overdose antagonist), the human relationship with substances and pleasure, how substances affect the brain and body, signs of substance use, intoxication and overdose, and how to appropriately respond to an overdose. Learn more by clicking here.
We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Tax-deductible donations are appreciated.