COMPREHENSIVE – COMMUNITY – COLLABORATION
Our strong partnerships have developed solutions-focused strategies for impact and include counties, coalitions, and other agencies or organizations aligned with our mission.
LAKE COUNTY OPIOID INITIATIVE
Mission: To develop, implement, evaluate and sustain a multi-strategy countywide effort to prevent opioid, abuse, misuse, addiction, overdose and death.
- 501(c)3 nonprofit organization cofounded by our Executive Director
- 300+ members from more than 80 agencies
- Police overdose reversal program has saved nearly 100 lives and counting since Dec. 2014
- Text-A-Tip early intervention program anonymously connects citizens to care
- Drug awareness forums and education programs connect community with facts
- A Way Out – A Lake County, Illinois law enforcement assisted diversion pilot program, designed to fast-track users to substance abuse programs and services. This program is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at participating police departments across Lake County and ensures no criminal charges will be sought for those that may be in possession of narcotics or paraphernalia, as long as assistance is sought out by the prospective program participant. This program accepts indiivduals seeking help from anywhere in the U.S. and does not discriminate by substance type (alcohol, prescription medications and illegal narcotics are included), or financial constraints.
PARTNERING ORGANIZATIONS AND COALITIONS
Lake County Underage Drinking & Drug Prevention Task Force
Stand Strong Coalition
Stop Overdose Illinois
LEAD (Leading Efforts Against Drugs)
Jordan Michael Filler Foundation
Schaumburg Township Communities for Positive Youth Development Coalition
Link Together Coalition
Chicagoland Opioid Abuse Task Force