Live4Lali is seeking an enthusiastic Communications Intern to help promote our messages and programs. This position is a unique opportunity to build tangible skills and contribute your ideas and energy to campaigns that are viewed by thousands of people. The Communications Intern will work as part of a that uses digital, print, and relationship building tactics to promote the organization’s advocacy and thought leadership, extend its reach, cultivate supporters, build awareness of its programs and services, and complement ongoing fundraising activities. Live4Lali is only looking for candidates with experience and/or training in technical or creative writing, graphic design, and social media accounts management.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing support to the communications team
- Helping develop social media campaigns
- Creating print marketing materials
- Developing content for our blog and email marketing campaigns
- Reaching out to agencies in the communities we serve to promote our work
- Other tasks as required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Intermediate computer literacy (Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of substance use disorders, mental health, harm reduction, recovery, and related topics
- Comfort with the diversity (ethnicity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, etc.) of our multicultural community
- Ability to maintain a required work schedule, be on time and accountable for time management
- Willingness to travel across suburban Cook, DuPage, Lake & McHenry Counties when safe to do so
- Ability to use good judgment regarding confidentiality issues
Approximately 15-20 hours per week
In adhering to Live4Lali’s COVID-19 safety policies, interns will work remotely using web-based and telephone communication, with light transportation until it is safe to return to office-based working structures.
Live4Lali provides a stipend to all interns.
Live4Lali is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and culturally responsive workforce. We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, veterans, women, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender and gender non-conforming persons to apply. Involvement with the criminal justice system will not be considered a deterrent.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants should send the following to [email protected] with the subject line “Communications Intern”:
- A resume
- A brief cover letter
- 1 graphic design sample
- 1 writing sample