Women, trans, gender non-conforming and queer folks, Black, Indigenous, People of Color
(BIPOC), and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Live4Lali is an equal
opportunity employer and does not discriminate by race, age, sex, gender identity, gender
expression, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability in its procedures and policies.
Substance use disorder has become a devastating epidemic with more than 270 Americans dying
every day from an accidental drug overdose. According to the Illinois Department of Public
Health, in 2020, 2,944 people in Illinois died from overdoses, 83% were opioid-related, a 33%
increase from previous year. Overdose death is currently the number one cause of accidental
death, surpassing car accidents, gun violence, and suicide for the 5th year in a row.
Live4Lali has been serving suburban Chicago for over ten years providing critical prevention,
education, treatment access, support programs, community solutions-building initiatives, harm
reduction, and overdose prevention services to decrease the devastating toll of the opioid
Mission: Live4Lali works to reduce stigma and prevent substance use disorder among
individuals, families, and communities, and minimize the overall health, legal and social harms
associated with substance use.
The Staff Coordinator oversees and coordinates all human resources functions for the
organization while assisting the Executive Director on project coordination. The Staff
Coordinator will also participate in human resources program design, operations, managing the
employment life cycle and staff management and coordination.
The Staff Coordinator will report to the Executive Director and will be engaged in the following
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training,
continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-
harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open
positions; collaborates with managers to understand skills and competencies required for
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs
including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters;
disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity,
recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors,
referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations,
and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies
in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned including supporting management on projects and other
The Staff Coordinator will preferably have a minimum of two years’ relevant work and will
demonstrate the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (experience with Google Workspace a plus).
The Staff Coordinator position serves clients in multiple locations. This role will require a
commitment of 40 hours per week and salary of $40,000 per year. The exact hours for this role
are still changing as our programs expand, but as it revolves around street and mobile outreach,
the hours are not a standard 9 to 5. Days and times are open to some negotiation for the right
candidate. Involvement in the criminal justice system is not an automatic disqualifier.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should email a (1) cover letter and (2) resume with (3) two references to
[email protected]. Please use the subject line “Staff Coordinator”. Only electronic submissions
will be accepted.