Social Media & Marketing (Internship)
Women, trans, gender non-conforming and queer folks, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Live4Lali is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate by race, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability in its procedures and policies.
Substance use disorder has become a devastating epidemic with 190 Americans dying every day from an accidental drug overdose. According to the Illinois Department of Public Health, in 2019, 2,098 people in Illinois died from opioid-related overdoses. Overdose death is currently the number one cause of accidental death, surpassing car accidents, gun violence, and suicide for the 3rd year in a row.
Live4Lali has been serving suburban Illinois for over ten years providing critical prevention, education, treatment access, support programs, community solutions-building initiatives, harm reduction, and overdose prevention services to decrease the devastating toll of the opioid epidemic.
Live4Lali works to reduce stigma and prevent substance use disorder among individuals, families, and communities, and minimize the overall health, legal and social harms associated with substance use.
Live4Lali is seeking a determined, innovate individual to serve as our Spring/Summer social media & marketing intern. Our non-profit organization focuses on harm reduction, peer support, education and advocacy in order to reduce the harms associated with substance use and substance use disorders. Joining our team will grant you unique experience developing content for a well-established non-profit who works with diverse populations, including but not limited to individuals who use drugs and those who love them, and clinical and legislative stakeholders working actively in their fields.
Social Media Intern Job Responsibilities:
- Manages the company’s social media accounts and posts content
- Schedules content releases via Loomly
- Manages LinkTree as appropriate
- Creates social media posts
- Brainstorms campaign ideas
- Monitor various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Analyzes analytics to gauge the success of campaigns
- Understands the overall concept of the organization, including the brand, customer, product goals, and appropriate language & messaging
- Engages with customers or clients when they interact with our social media and connect them to the right person or resource when needed
- Provide suggestions to management for improving customer experience on social platforms and internal processes
- Learns and becomes proficient on internal software systems
- Assists in creating performance reports
Hours & Benefits
You will work with the entire team, and receive direct mentorship from Bella Crum in order to continue to develop your skills and portfolio. This position requires between 15 and 20 hours per week, lasts for 6 months, and is entirely remote except for the few optional opportunities that will be extended to be in the field. We pay a stipend in exchange for your time, but are open to assisting in obtaining school credit if desired.
Social Media Intern Qualifications / Skills:
- Social media marketing & strategy
- Online engagement
- Direct and prompt communication
- Willingness to learn and understand substance use disorder and harm reduction specifics
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- In 3rd or 4th year of undergrad program, or have commensurable experience
- Prior industry experience is preferred
How to Apply