Women, trans, gender non-conforming and queer folks, Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC), and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Live4Lali is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate by race, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability in its procedures and policies.
Substance use disorder has become a devastating epidemic with more than 270 Americans dying every day from an accidental drug overdose. According to the Illinois Department of Public Health, in 2020, 2,944 people in Illinois died from overdoses, 83% were opioid-related, a 33% increase from previous year. Overdose death is currently the number one cause of accidental death, surpassing car accidents, gun violence, and suicide for the 5th year in a row.
Live4Lali has been serving suburban Chicago for over ten years providing critical prevention, education, treatment access, support programs, community solutions-building initiatives, harm reduction, and overdose prevention services to decrease the devastating toll of the opioid epidemic.
Mission: Live4Lali works to reduce stigma and prevent substance use disorder among individuals, families, and communities, and minimize the overall health, legal and social harms associated with substance use.
Live4Lali is seeking an enthusiastic Business Administration Intern to help expand and improve our business process and operations. This position is a unique opportunity to build tangible skills and contribute your ideas and energy to help the substance use disorder community. The Business Administration Intern will work as part of a team that provides holistic harm reduction support and resources to our participants.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing support to the Director of Operations
- Learn and provide process improvements for current business processes
- Suggest plans and new processes to more effectively support our Outreach teams
- Find process efficiencies within current operations
- Identify opportunities for cost savings in current expenditures
- Other tasks as required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Intermediate computer literacy (Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of substance use disorders, mental health, harm reduction, recovery, and related topics
- Comfort with the diversity (ethnicity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, etc.) of our multicultural community
- Ability to maintain a required work schedule, be on time and accountable for time management
- Willingness to travel across suburban Cook, DuPage, Lake & McHenry Counties
- Ability to use good judgement regarding confidentiality issues
Approximately 10-15 hours per week
In adhering to Live4Lali’s COVID-19 safety policies, interns will work remotely using web-based and telephone communication, with light transportation requirements
Live4Lali provides a stipend to all interns.
Director of Operations
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants should send the following to [email protected] with the subject line “Business Administration Intern”:
- A resume
- A brief cover letter