Non-Profit Administration Intern
Location: Live4Lali Office in Arlington Heights, IL
(approximately 50% of work can be completed remotely)
Duration: 4-month period (open to negotiation)
Time Commitment: Approximately 20 hours per week
Compensation: Stipend paid upon completion of internship
Training: Continued support & mentorship in non-profit administration as well as harm reduction work. Will be trained on NARCAN/naloxone to reverse an opioid overdose among other harm reduction methods.
The Non-Profit Administration Intern will gain in-field and in-office knowledge of non-profit administration and harm reduction work by working alongside Bella Crum, Programs Administrator & Health Educator. Duties will include assisting in volunteer management, harm reduction kit packing & shipping, looking for new ways to systemize processes, data entry, and a slew of ever-evolving office duties. Special knowledge opportunities to be gained while working with us include NARCAN/Naloxone opioid overdose reversal training, exposure to various harm reduction, recovery pathways and treatment navigation methods for people who use drugs (PWUD) and their loved ones, and the opportunity to work on a passionate and dedicated team of individuals ready to share their stories and skills.
Women, trans, gender non-conforming and queer folks, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Live4Lali is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate by race, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability in its procedures and policies.
- Aid in maintaining our inventory system for harm reduction supplies & participant codes
- Sort, pack and ship out harm reduction kits requested by our participants
- Generate CEU and training certifications
- Participate in planning and organization of events and outreach as they arise
- General admin support as needs arise
- Demonstrated commitment to the Live4Lali mission & principles of harm reduction
- Interest in non-profit administration, management, and/or harm-reduction work
- Familiarity with:
- Harm reduction principles
- Google Drive & Microsoft Office (mainly Word & PowerPoint)
- Canva or other Graphic Design
- Meticulous attention to detail, eagerness to learn, and has an “all hands on deck” approach
- Ability to exercise sound judgment regarding issues of confidentiality and participant privacy
- Willingness to travel across suburban Cook, DuPage, Lake & McHenry Counties when safe
Please email your resume, cover letter and (1-2) letters of recommendation to [email protected]